Katerine Avgoustakis is one of the ten candidates that will compete at the Greek final for the selection of the singer to represent Greece at the Oslo Eurovision Song Contest . The Greek-Belgian beauty opened her heart and mind to Evangelos Goulas in a tell-all interview. She talked about the European competition, revealed who her favorite artists are and told us that she is not single anymore.
• Which part of Greece are you from?
I’m half Greek. My father was born in Rhodes and lived there until he was 10.
• Do you feel Greek?
Off course!!!!!! I’m really proud to be Greek! In every interview I talk about it I’m really proud to be half Greek and half Belgian.
• Who is your favorite Greek artist if you have one?
I don’t know many Greek artists, I live in Belgium and here they don’t play Greek music.
• What are your hobbies?
I like to spend time with my family and friends, I like to cook, I do sports, I like to go to the spa and relax
• Who is your favorite European Artist?
That’s a hard question… My biggest example is Beyonce but she’s American.
• Would you like to share a few projects you’ve completed that you consider them important?
The competition Star Academy was really fun and I was really happy that the audience voted me as a winner. Also the competition Stars on Ice was so exciting to do, I was in the finals and became second. But also a little project with my sisters was really fun to do, it was a music program and we had to sing a song, also there the people voted us in the finals , and the name of our band was “Little August”, it’s the translation of our last name.
• Who would you choose as your favorite artist to tour with in Europe and US?
My favorite artist is Beyonce, but I wouldn’t want to be touring with her because i have this ideal picture of her and I don’t want it to be destroyed.
• Who is your favorite artist from the Eurovision contest?
I think I would have to choose Abba and Celine Dion.
• What is the biggest influence when you write your music?
Love is the biggest influence, feelings…
• What do you think about Greek men? Do you find them more attractive than other Europeans?
Greek men are attractive, but other European men can be pretty too. So for me it doesn’t matter where the men come from, as long as they’re nice.
• Would you like to move and live in Greece and maybe start a career there?
That would be great! But I’d have to arrange something special then because I live in Belgium, and I travel a lot to other European countries. I feel really home in Greece so that’s a good start, and it always was a dream to live a couple of months a year in Greece and a couple of months in Belgium.
• Do you currently have someone in your life? What do you think about marriage?
I believe in marriage if it’s with the right person. And I normally don’t speak about my private life but I can say that I have a boyfriend
• Tell me the first line of any lyric that comes to your head at the moment.
Better treat me like a lady.